- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; mix well. Beat in milk and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; beat into creamed mixture just until moistened. With lightly floured hands, pat into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Arrange apples over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Combine the confectioners' sugar, butter and milk; drizzle over the top. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as German Apple Cake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p54
Reviews for German Apple Cake with Sweet Drizzle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2016
"I suggest omit orange peel and sugar instead use orange marmalade and ginger to give dish that Asian flare"
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2015
"FANTASTIC!! Love this recipe-made it exactly as written.thanks for sharing!!"