German Almond Cookies Recipe
A dear German lady, who owned several restaurants, was well-known for these soft cookies. I feel honored to have received a copy of her cherished recipe.—Mrs. Edgar S. Stem Jr., Old Forge, New York
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (9 ounces) almond paste
- 4 eggs
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Chopped almonds and red and green sprinkles, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and almond paste. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls and place 2 in. on ungreased baking sheets; flatten with a fork. Sprinkle with almonds and sprinkles if desired. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 8-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 81 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 28mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for German Almond Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC