German Almond Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (9 ounces) almond paste
- 4 eggs
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Chopped almonds and red and green sprinkles, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and almond paste. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls and place 2 in. on ungreased baking sheets; flatten with a fork. Sprinkle with almonds and sprinkles if desired. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 8-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie (calculated without optional ingredients)equals 81 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 28 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.