A dear German lady, who owned several restaurants, was well-known for these soft cookies. I feel honored to have received a copy of her cherished recipe.—Mrs. Edgar S. Stem Jr., Old Forge, New York
Recommended: 35 Cookie Recipes You Need in Your Collection
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (9 ounces) almond paste
- 4 eggs
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Chopped almonds and red and green sprinkles, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and almond paste. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls and place 2 in. on ungreased baking sheets; flatten with a fork. Sprinkle with almonds and sprinkles if desired. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 8-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as German Almond Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p151
Reviews for German Almond Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review