Georgia Pecan Cake Recipe
This recipe came from my mother and has always been a hit with our family. One taste and you'll see why.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling YIELD:12-16 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda; set 1/4 cup aside. Add the remaining flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Toss pecans with the reserved flour mixture; fold into batter.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving equals 360 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. `
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC