Georgia Peach Ice Cream Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-3/4 pounds fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, whisk eggs, 1 cup sugar and salt until blended; stir in milk. Cook over low heat until mixture is just thick enough to coat a spoon and a thermometer reads at least 160°, stirring constantly. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat immediately.
- 2. Quickly transfer to a bowl; place bowl in a pan of ice water. Stir gently and occasionally for 2 minutes. Stir in sweetened condensed milk. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 3. When ready to freeze, in a small bowl, mash peaches with remaining sugar; let stand 30 minutes. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full with custard, stirring in some of the peaches; freeze according to manufacturers' directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.
- 4. Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Repeat with remaining ice cream mixture and peaches. Yield: 3-3/4 quarts.
1/2 cup: 214 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Georgia Peach Ice Cream
"Delicious! Next time I will mash the peaches up into smaller pieces, closer to a puree. The small/medium sized pieces tend to be too icy for my liking when the ice cream is hard. Thank you for the recipe!"
"sounds very do-able. Gonna try it this weekend."
"I am from Ga and this is just as good as the peach icecream they serve at Lanes Peach Packing Plant in GA."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.