Genrose's Stuffed Beef Tenderloin Recipe
- 5 bacon strips
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef tenderloin (5 pounds)
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the stuffing cubes, broth, salt, garlic salt and pepper.
- 3. Preheat oven to 425°. Make a lengthwise slit down the center of tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open meat so it lies flat. Mound stuffing over the center. Bring up sides of tenderloin; tie at 2-in. intervals with kitchen string. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Arrange bacon over the top.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, 50-80 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly. Remove meat to a serving platter. Cover and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 16 servings.
5 ounces stuffed cooked beef equals 253 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Genrose's Stuffed Beef Tenderloin
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.