Genoa Sandwich Loaf Recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1-1/4 cups packed minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1. For pesto, in a blender, combine the oil, parsley, basil, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic and nutmeg. Cover and process on high until blended.
- 2. Spread cream cheese over cut sides of bread; spread with pesto. Layer the salami and tomatoes over pesto; sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 464 calories, 31g fat (12g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 1315mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein
Reviews for Genoa Sandwich Loaf
"Love this....and so did all my grown children."
"This is so quick and easy to prepare. My whole family loved it!"