Genoa Sandwich Loaf Recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1-1/4 cups packed minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1. For pesto, in a blender, combine the oil, parsley, basil, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic and nutmeg. Cover and process on high until blended.
- 2. Spread cream cheese over cut sides of bread; spread with pesto. Layer the salami and tomatoes over pesto; sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 464 calories, 31 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 1,315 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Genoa Sandwich Loaf
"Love this....and so did all my grown children."
"This is so quick and easy to prepare. My whole family loved it!"