- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1-1/4 cups packed minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- For pesto, in a blender, combine the oil, parsley, basil, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic and nutmeg. Cover and process on high until blended.
- Spread cream cheese over cut sides of bread; spread with pesto. Layer the salami and tomatoes over pesto; sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Genoa Sandwich Loaf in Country Woman July/August 2005, p31
Reviews for Genoa Sandwich Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review