- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1-1/4 cups packed minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- For pesto, in a blender, combine the oil, parsley, basil, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic and nutmeg. Cover and process on high until blended.
- Spread cream cheese over cut sides of bread; spread with pesto. Layer the salami and tomatoes over pesto; sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Genoa Sandwich Loaf in Country Woman July/August 2005, p31
Reviews for Genoa Sandwich Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2011
"Love this....and so did all my grown children."
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2010
"This is so quick and easy to prepare. My whole family loved it!"