Gelatin Torte Recipe
Says Sophie Hilicki of Racine, Wisconsin, "You can make this lovely summer dessert ahead. The fluffy cake layer is topped with a fruity gelatin mixture."
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (6 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- 1. In a bowl, beat egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Stir in the pineapple. Combine cracker crumbs and baking powder; stir into the pineapple mixture. Add pecans and set aside. In a bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually beat in remaining sugar until soft peaks form. Fold into the pineapple mixture. Pour into an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool on a wire rack. (do not remove sides of pan.)
- 2. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water; refrigerate until mixture begins to thicken, about 40 minutes. Stir in bananas; pour over cooled cake layer. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- 3. In a bowl, beat cream and sugar until soft peaks form; pipe or spoon over gelatin layer. Just before serving, run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Garnish with cherries if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 443 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Gelatin Torte
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC