Gelatin Ring with Cream Cheese Balls
Here's a fun way to serve cranberry sauce that will please both kids and adults. The red gelatin and cranberry sauce ring is dressed up with cream cheese balls rolled in ground walnuts. It's cool, colorful and yummy, too!
-Jacinta Ransom, South Haven, Michigan
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cranberry
- sauce until well blended. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with
- cooking spray; refrigerate overnight or until firm.
- Roll cream cheese into 3/4-in. balls; coat with walnuts. Unmold
- gelatin onto a serving platter; place the cream cheese balls in the
- center of the ring. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 189 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.