Here's a quick, airy dessert so versatile, you can whip it up for almost any season or holiday-just by varying the colors of gelatin you use. We filled this seasonal parfait with all the colors of the falling leaves. Pretty presentation for an autumn party! —Joyce Thompson, Bellingham, Washington
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 3 cups cubed pound cake (1-inch cubes)
- 2-1/4 cups whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 maraschino cherries with stems
- Prepare gelatins separately according to package directions. Pour into separate ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. pans. Refrigerate until set. Cut into 1-in. cubes.
- In each of six 1-1/2-cup parfait glasses or dessert dishes, layer 1/4 cup cake cubes, 1/3 cup cubed orange gelatin, 3 tablespoons whipped topping, 1/3 cup cubed lemon gelatin, 1/4 cup cake cubes and 3 tablespoons whipped topping. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over whipped topping. Top with a cherry. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Gelatin Parfaits in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p43
Reviews for Gelatin Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review