Gelatin Game Chips
It's a safe bet these gelatin gems will delight a full house of friends. The white ones have a creamy vanilla taste while the others are sweet and fruity.
36 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 5 cups lemon-lime soda
- 4 packages (3 ounces each) berry blue gelatin
- 4 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- In a saucepan, heat milk and sugar over low heat until sugar is
- dissolved. Soften unflavored gelatin in water; stir into the milk
- mixture until dissolved. Remove from heat; add vanilla. Cool to
- lukewarm; blend in sour cream. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- Chill until set.
- In a saucepan, bring the soda to a boil. Place blue gelatin in bowl;
- stir in 2-1/2 cups of soda until gelatin is dissolved. Pour into
- another 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Repeat with raspberry gelatin and
- remaining soda. Refrigerate until set. Using a 1-1/2-in. round
- cookie cutter, cut white, blue and red gelatin into rounds. Stack
- or scatter on a serving plate. Yield: 9 dozen.