- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 5 cups lemon-lime soda
- 4 packages (3 ounces each) berry blue gelatin
- 4 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- In a saucepan, heat milk and sugar over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Soften unflavored gelatin in water; stir into the milk mixture until dissolved. Remove from heat; add vanilla. Cool to lukewarm; blend in sour cream. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Chill until set.
- In a saucepan, bring the soda to a boil. Place blue gelatin in bowl; stir in 2-1/2 cups of soda until gelatin is dissolved. Pour into another 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Repeat with raspberry gelatin and remaining soda. Refrigerate until set. Using a 1-1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut white, blue and red gelatin into rounds. Stack or scatter on a serving plate. Yield: 9 dozen.
Originally published as Gelatin Game Chips in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p13
Reviews for Gelatin Game Chips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2011
"Try coconut milk in the white chips, my family loves it. Grandma"