Gelatin Fruit Salad Recipe
"This gorgeous salad is so refreshing and bursting with flavor that you won't think of it as sugar-free," says Eleanor Mielke of Snohomish, Washington. "A diabetic friend shared the recipe."
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 package (.6 ounces) sugar-free cherry gelatin
- 1 can (12 ounces) or 1-1/2 cups diet ginger ale
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- Apple slices and fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, bring the applesauce to a boil; remove from the heat.
- 2. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Slowly add ginger ale and pineapple. Pour into a 2-qt. serving bowl. Chill until set. Garnish with apples and mint if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 39 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Gelatin Fruit Salad
Reviewed May. 14, 2011
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC