Gelatin Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 package (.6 ounces) sugar-free cherry gelatin
- 1 can (12 ounces) or 1-1/2 cups diet ginger ale
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- Apple slices and fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, bring the applesauce to a boil; remove from the heat.
- 2. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Slowly add ginger ale and pineapple. Pour into a 2-qt. serving bowl. Chill until set. Garnish with apples and mint if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 39 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Gelatin Fruit Salad
"We love this recipe! I make this for every birthday party because it is a nice treat for the diabetics in my family that can't have cake and ice cream. I also take it to many church functions. We never bring any back with us! I like to use Diet Vernors for a little extra kick."