"This gorgeous salad is so refreshing and bursting with flavor that you won't think of it as sugar-free," says Eleanor Mielke of Snohomish, Washington. "A diabetic friend shared the recipe."
Recommended: Who Knew You Could Do That with Jello?
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 package (.6 ounces) sugar-free cherry gelatin
- 1 can (12 ounces) or 1-1/2 cups diet ginger ale
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- Apple slices and fresh mint, optional
- In a saucepan, bring the applesauce to a boil; remove from the heat.
- Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Slowly add ginger ale and pineapple. Pour into a 2-qt. serving bowl. Chill until set. Garnish with apples and mint if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Gelatin Fruit Salad in Taste of Home December/January 1998, p16
Reviews for Gelatin Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 14, 2011