Gelatin Christmas Ornaments Recipe
Muffin tins are the key to making these individual gelatin salads. Once chilled, they're easy to embellish with mayonnaise, sour cream or whipped cream. Maraschino cherries with stems give the look of wire hangers.
- 3-1/4 cups white grape juice
- 1 package (6 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 6 each red and green maraschino cherries with stems
- Mayonnaise, sour cream or whipped cream in a can
- 1. In a saucepan, bring grape juice to a boil. Place lime gelatin in a bowl; add half of the juice and stir until completely dissolved. Repeat with raspberry gelatin. Pour lime gelatin into six muffin cups (about 1/3 cup in each) coated with cooking spray. Repeat, filling six more cups with raspberry gelatin. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- 2. Loosen gelatin around the edges with a sharp knife; invert muffin tin onto waxed paper. Use a metal spatula to transfer to serving plates. Fill a small plastic bag with mayonnaise; cut a small hole in corner of bag. Pipe a small circle near one edge of each ornament; place cherry in center. Decorate ornaments with additional mayonnaise if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 153 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC