Gelatin Christmas Ornaments Recipe
- 3-1/4 cups white grape juice
- 1 package (6 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 6 each red and green maraschino cherries with stems
- Mayonnaise, sour cream or whipped cream in a can
- 1. In a saucepan, bring grape juice to a boil. Place lime gelatin in a bowl; add half of the juice and stir until completely dissolved. Repeat with raspberry gelatin. Pour lime gelatin into six muffin cups (about 1/3 cup in each) coated with cooking spray. Repeat, filling six more cups with raspberry gelatin. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- 2. Loosen gelatin around the edges with a sharp knife; invert muffin tin onto waxed paper. Use a metal spatula to transfer to serving plates. Fill a small plastic bag with mayonnaise; cut a small hole in corner of bag. Pipe a small circle near one edge of each ornament; place cherry in center. Decorate ornaments with additional mayonnaise if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 153 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Gelatin Christmas Ornaments
"I've been making this for the holidays for several years. It is easily adaptable to sugar free jello for diabetics and the colors can be changed for whatever holiday you are celebrating. Great recipe!!"