Served in a footed glass, this refreshing appetizer is pretty enough for a formal dinner. "To change it into a main dish, I combine the ingredients and serve them on a tortilla along with shredded lettuce and sour cream," writes Patricia Clark from Lake Forest, California.
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) spicy hot V8 juice
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 medium lime, sliced
- Cilantro leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to individual serving glasses. Dollop with sour cream. Garnish with lime slice and cilantro if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Gazpacho Shrimp Appetizer in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p14
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Gazpacho Shrimp Appetizer
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review