Betty Hatfield of Aurora, Colorado combines fresh veggies, garbanzo beans and purchased salsa in the zippy party dip. Served with tortilla chips, it's a surefire crowd-pleaser. "I found this recipe years ago and have been making it ever since," she says. "It's one of my husband's favorites."
Featured In: 25 Cucumber Recipes to Make This Summer
- 2 cups V8 juice
- 1 pound tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Gazpacho Salsa in Light & Tasty February/March 2002, p7
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Gazpacho Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review