Gazpacho Salad Recipe
Here's a beautiful and tasty way to use garden vegetables. This fresh, colorful salad is great to make ahead and take to a potluck later, after the flavors have had a chance to blend. It's sure to be a success! —Florence Jacoby, Granite Falls, Minnesota
- 4 tomatoes, diced and seeded
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 2 green peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. In a 1-1/2-quart bowl, layer one-third to one-half of the tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, onion, olives, salt and pepper. Repeat layers two or three more times.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Pour over vegetables. Cover and chill several hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 116 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 347 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC