Garlicky Peanut Dip
A perfect balance of spices makes this dip addictive. It also perks up stir-fry dishes. —Sadie Buecksler, Ashland, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add sunflower
- kernels and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the water, peanut
- butter, brown sugar, soy sauce and spices. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir until blended. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without vegetables) equals 146 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as