- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add sunflower kernels and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the water, peanut butter, brown sugar, soy sauce and spices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until blended. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Garlicky Peanut Dip in Taste of Home December/January 2012, p78
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Garlicky Peanut Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review