Garlicky Kale Recipe
This warm and zippy side dish features fresh kale and sweet raisins. “It tastes wonderful served hot or cold,” comments Clara Coulston from Washington Court House, Ohio.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 3 cups water
- 2 bunches kale, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in kale. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until almost tender; drain and set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the raisins, olives, salt and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in kale; cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 88 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC