Garlicky Kale Recipe
This warm and zippy side dish features fresh kale and sweet raisins. “It tastes wonderful served hot or cold,” comments Clara Coulston from Washington Court House, Ohio.
- 3 cups water
- 2 bunches kale, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in kale. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until almost tender; drain and set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the raisins, olives, salt and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in kale; cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 88 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Garlicky Kale
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC