This warm and zippy side dish features fresh kale and sweet raisins. “It tastes wonderful served hot or cold,” comments Clara Coulston from Washington Court House, Ohio.
- 3 cups water
- 2 bunches kale, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in kale. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until almost tender; drain and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the raisins, olives, salt and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in kale; cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garlicky Kale in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p63
Reviews for Garlicky Kale
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review