- 3 cups water
- 2 bunches kale, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in kale. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until almost tender; drain and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the raisins, olives, salt and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in kale; cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Garlicky Kale
Sort By :
Quick and easy to make, delicious, and great as left-overs!
I make this recipe over and over. If my grown kids come by for a visit and there's any leftovers, they eat it up. I use green olives instead of ripe ones. the salty mixes well with the garlic and sweetnes of the raisins. Craisins work well also.
A delightful combination of flavors--and several immunity-boosting ingredients.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Side Dishes >
- Greek Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >