Garlicky Herbed Shrimp Recipe
I love shrimp. Love garlic. Love herbs. Cook ’em in butter and what could be better? —Dave Levin, Van Nuys, California
- 2 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; toss to combine. In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup butter over medium-high heat. Add half of the shrimp mixture; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turns pink. Transfer to a clean bowl.
- 2. Repeat with remaining butter and shrimp mixture. Return cooked shrimp to pan. Stir in lemon juice; heat through. Stir in herbs. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 shrimp equals 46 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Garlicky Herbed Shrimp
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC