I love shrimp. Love garlic. Love herbs. Cook ’em in butter and what could be better? —Dave Levin, Van Nuys, California
- 2 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; toss to combine. In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup butter over medium-high heat. Add half of the shrimp mixture; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turns pink. Transfer to a clean bowl.
- Repeat with remaining butter and shrimp mixture. Return cooked shrimp to pan. Stir in lemon juice; heat through. Stir in herbs. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Garlicky Herbed Shrimp in Taste of Home December/January 2013, p52
Reviews for Garlicky Herbed Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2013
"Is it normally served hot or cold?"
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2013
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2013
"This recipe was very easy and very yummy. I would definitely make this again."
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2012
"This was absolutely delicious, it had so much flavor."