Garlicky Green Beans
Crisp-tender green beans are delicious tossed with a garlic butter sauce. With its pretty green color, this fresh dish is an attractive addition to your table.—Ruth Marie Lyons, Boulder, Colorado
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- In a saucepan, bring beans and water to a boil; reduce heat to
- medium. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until beans and
- crisp-tender; drain and set aside. In a large skillet, saute garlic
- in butter until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Add beans, salt and
- pepper; heat through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 72 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.