Garlicky Green Beans with Mushrooms Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic in butter until tender. Drain beans; add to skillet. Stir in the salt, onion powder and pepper; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (2/3 cup) equals 61 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Garlicky Green Beans with Mushrooms
"I serve this recipe often. I especially like it with fresh haddock."