Garlicky Green Beans with Mushrooms Recipe
"We love green beans at our house and enjoy them at least once a week. I'm always experimenting with new ways to fix them," pens Sue Haviland of Lake Mills, Wisconsin. "Garlic cloves and mushrooms lend them delicious flavor in this quick-and-easy dish. I like to steam the beans so they keep most of their nutrients."
- 2-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic in butter until tender. Drain beans; add to skillet. Stir in the salt, onion powder and pepper; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Garlicky Green Beans with Mushrooms in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p52
Reviews for Garlicky Green Beans with Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2010
"I serve this recipe often. I especially like it with fresh haddock."