- water until smooth.
- Process soup in batches in a food processor until smooth. Return all
- to pan. Stir in evaporated milk and cornstarch mixture; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened and bubbly,
- stirring frequently. Add cheese; cook and stir until cheese is
- blended. Top servings with crushed pita chips and parsley. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without toppings) equals 320 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 1,307 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.