- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Sprinkle beef with salt. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Serve with pasta. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Garlicky Beef & Tomatoes with Pasta
Sort By :
Not great. Needs more seasonings.
I agree it's missing something, needs some kick, added red pepper, but not enough. Could be tasty if someone figured out what it needs.
There is definitely something missing in here. But, the idea was so good, I made it a couple times trying new things, and I just had the eureka moment I was waiting for. Sausage! I use sausage in place of the ground beef, add some extra beans, and voila! Yummy goodness!
I felt like there was something missing in it. I think it would have been better with Italian seasonings added to it.
This was a quick and easy meal to make. I like it because I can hold out some "plain" pasta for my picky kids. I also added some garlic and Italian seasoning to it. When I make it again I will probably add a bit more seasoning to help bring out the flavor just a touch more.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >