Garlicky Beef & Tomatoes with Pasta
We love this fast pasta dish of beef, tomatoes, spinach and white beans that easily feeds a hungry family. —Lisa Diffell, Corinth, Maine
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer
- pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Sprinkle beef with salt. Stir
- in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Serve with pasta. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup beef mixture with 1 cup pasta equals 501 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 441 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon,