- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Sprinkle beef with salt. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Serve with pasta. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Garlicky Beef & Tomatoes with Pasta
Sort By :
I make something similar. I add 1/4 c. (or more) of medium jarred salsa and it does the trick.
Not great. Needs more seasonings.
I agree it's missing something, needs some kick, added red pepper, but not enough. Could be tasty if someone figured out what it needs.
There is definitely something missing in here. But, the idea was so good, I made it a couple times trying new things, and I just had the eureka moment I was waiting for. Sausage! I use sausage in place of the ground beef, add some extra beans, and voila! Yummy goodness!
I felt like there was something missing in it. I think it would have been better with Italian seasonings added to it.