Garlicky Baked Butternut Squash Recipe
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large butternut squash (3-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the parsley, oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add squash and toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 50-55 minutes or until squash is just tender. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 162 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 486mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 8g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Garlicky Baked Butternut Squash
"This was very good and easy. My husband liked it too. I added the parmesan cheese at the beginning since the instructions don't say."
"This was SO good. My husband and I both loved it. Wasnt sure what to do with the parm cheese because the instructions dont say when to add it. So I just put all the indredients (including the cheese) and the squash in a ziploc and shook it to coat the squash. Sprayed a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and put the coated squash on it. Worked out great! Flipped the squash half through cooking."
"I started with frozen, partially thawed cubes of squash. Afer adding all but the cheese I baked it for 20 minutes, and then added parmesan and baked for 10 minutes longer. It turned out great! Using less squash like I did (4 c) but keeping the same amounts of everything else worked just fine, but gave it more of a garlicky kick, which I didn't mind a bit, since I'm a big garlic fan, but next time I would go with 6 cups of squash."
"When to add the Parmesan?"