- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large butternut squash (3-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the parsley, oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add squash and toss to coat.
- Transfer to an ungreased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 50-55 minutes or until squash is just tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Garlicky Baked Butternut Squash(5)
Sort By :
Only used 2 pounds of squash but kept the rest of the ingredients the same. Turned out wonderful and I added the cheese at the beginning.
This was SO good. My husband and I both loved it. Wasnt sure what to do with the parm cheese because the instructions dont say when to add it. So I just put all the indredients (including the cheese) and the squash in a ziploc and shook it to coat the squash. Sprayed a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and put the coated squash on it. Worked out great! Flipped the squash half through cooking.
I started with frozen, partially thawed cubes of squash. Afer adding all but the cheese I baked it for 20 minutes, and then added parmesan and baked for 10 minutes longer. It turned out great! Using less squash like I did (4 c) but keeping the same amounts of everything else worked just fine, but gave it more of a garlicky kick, which I didn't mind a bit, since I'm a big garlic fan, but next time I would go with 6 cups of squash.
When to add the Parmesan?