Garlic Zucchini Frittata Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic; saute for 1 minute. Add the zucchini; cook for 3 minutes or until tender.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs and mustard. Pour into skillet. Sprinkle with the bacon, salt and pepper. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Cook until eggs are nearly set, about 7 minutes.
- 3. Place skillet under the broiler, 6 in. from the heat, for 30-60 seconds or until the eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Broil 30 seconds longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 214 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 338 mg cholesterol, 393 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.