Garlic Yeast Bread
"I like to use slices of this tender garlic bread to make roast beef sandwiches," remarks Sharen Clark of Sunnyside, Washington. "With its golden crust and wonderful Italian flavor, it's also a nice accompaniment to spaghetti and other pasta dishes."
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 2/3 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-3/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions
- (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of
- water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf,(1 pound).
Nutritional Facts: One slice (prepared with margarine) equals 71 calories, 152 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 13 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, 1 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.