"I like to use slices of this tender garlic bread to make roast beef sandwiches," remarks Sharen Clark of Sunnyside, Washington. "With its golden crust and wonderful Italian flavor, it's also a nice accompaniment to spaghetti and other pasta dishes."
- 2/3 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-3/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf,(1 pound).
Originally published as Garlic Yeast Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p33
Reviews for Garlic Yeast Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review