Garlic Yeast Bread Recipe
- 2/3 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-3/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf,(1 pound).
Reviews for Garlic Yeast Bread(3)
Sort By :
Wonderful flavor! I didn't use a bread machine. Just proofed the yeast in the water with a pinch of sugar and added all the ingredients together after the yeast was ready. I use alot of the bread machine recipes without changing a thing.
Always works fine.
In response to one above re not using a bread machine to make garlic yeast bread, please see the following web link sites:
If any problem, just key "converting bread machine recipe" into your search engine & the links should come up.
Does anyone know if I can make this recipe without using a bread machine?