Garlic White Bean Dip
Great with fresh veggies or as a sandwich spread, this dip brings a touch of sophistication and loads of flavor to any meal. —Sarah Klier, Grand Rapids, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and wine. In a food processor,
- combine the oil, lemon juice, beans, parsley, garlic, salt, dill and
- cayenne; cover and process until smooth. Add bread crumb mixture;
- process until blended. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without vegetables) equals 107 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a