Garlic Twice-Baked Potatoes Recipe
You'll only have to announce dinner once when these twice-baked potatoes are on the menu! Their aroma is sure to make everyone eager to come to the table. Garlic and rosemary add herbal goodness to the mashed potato filling. A sprinkling of paprika serves as a colorful garnish.
- 6 medium baking potatoes
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Bake the potatoes at 400° for 45-55 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Place garlic in a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Frizzle with oil. Wrap foil around garlic.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut top off garlic head, leaving root end intact. Squeeze softened garlic into a small bowl; set aside.
- 3. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the milk, buttermilk, rosemary, salt, pepper and roasted garlic.
- 4. Pipe or spoon into potato shells. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 194 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Garlic Twice-Baked Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC