- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat; saute garlic 1 minute. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Add tortellini; cook, uncovered, until tender, 7-9 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and spinach. Heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Garlic Tortellini Soup
"This was super easy to make and I loved the flavor. The chilies really made the difference. Even my husband liked it."
"soothing and warming on a cold winter night. next time will add more garlic (we love it so.) also maybe a mix of cheese and meat tortellini."
"AMAZING dish. Quick, easy, and TASTEY. I added 3 garlic cloves instead and used a four cheese tortellini. Low sodium chicken broth did well for me as well as low sodium italian herb diced tomatoes. Perfect for a cold winter evening!"
"Quick. Easy. And just a few ingredients. I used fresh spinach instead though. Yummy! If you are concerned about sodium, I used lower sodium broth to decrease it. It was still great."