- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in the broth. Bring to a boil. Add tortellini; cook for 7-9 minutes or until tender. Stir in the tomatoes and spinach; heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Garlic Tortellini Soup
Sort By :
"AMAZING dish. Quick, easy, and TASTEY. I added 3 garlic cloves instead and used a four cheese tortellini. Low sodium chicken broth did well for me as well as low sodium italian herb diced tomatoes. Perfect for a cold winter evening!"
"Quick. Easy. And just a few ingredients. I used fresh spinach instead though. Yummy! If you are concerned about sodium, I used lower sodium broth to decrease it. It was still great."
"This soup was really very good. I used one bag of fresh baby spinach, stems removed & a larger pkg of tortellini. It had lots of flavor & very easy to make. The review below of one star should be removed as it is not a review but an opinion about sodium. Some people have no issues with sodium & for them it is not a concern. This person doesn't have to make this recipe."
"I made as written, with the addition of shredded boneless, skinless chicken. It was tasty, but I didn't think it was a winner. Just not outstanding flavorwise. My inlaws, who are both diabetic, did appreciate the recipe concept though."