Garlic Thyme Potatoes
Small red potatoes, partially peeled, make an eye-catching presentation in this simple side dish from our Test Kitchen. The potatoes are steamed, then tossed with oil and a flavorful combination of thyme and lemon peel.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Peel a narrow strip of skin around the center of each potato. Place
- potatoes in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of
- water. Bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 20-30 minutes or until
- tender. In a serving bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add
- potatoes and toss gently to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 102 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.