Garlic Thyme Potatoes Recipe
Small red potatoes, partially peeled, make an eye-catching presentation in this simple side dish from our Test Kitchen. The potatoes are steamed, then tossed with oil and a flavorful combination of thyme and lemon peel.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Peel a narrow strip of skin around the center of each potato. Place potatoes in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 20-30 minutes or until tender. In a serving bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add potatoes and toss gently to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Thyme Potatoes in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p55
Reviews for Garlic Thyme Potatoes(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 23, 2010 Edited Oct. 2, 2013
I think this is one of the best red potato recipes. It is so easy to prepare and everyone likes it. It is a dish that goes with all meats.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Potato Recipes >