This favorite beef entree was perfect when our four children were at home. It was simple for me to fix this budget-stretcher, and the kids loved it.—Patricia Hooks, Greenville, Texas
- 1-1/2 pounds bone-in beef round steak
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cut steak into serving-size pieces; discard bone. Combine the flour, salt and pepper; pound to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown steak on both sides in oil.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the tomatoes, onion, green pepper and garlic; pour over steak. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Swiss Steak in Taste of Home April/May 1998, p13
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Garlic Swiss Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review