Garlic Swiss Steak Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds bone-in beef round steak
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cut steak into serving-size pieces; discard bone. Combine the flour, salt and pepper; pound to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown steak on both sides in oil.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the tomatoes, onion, green pepper and garlic; pour over steak. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Garlic Swiss Steak(6)
Sort By :
I have used this recipe for years. I use 1can tomato paste instead of the stewed tomatoes, 1 cup of water & one cup of brown gravy. I also add carrots to make it a one dish meal that can be served with noodles or mashed potatoes.
now this was an excellent swiss steak! tender and full of flavor. easy to put together. but-pretty hard to find the right cut of meat. Why is round steak so scarce?
Could use a little zing-a little mild for our tastes
this is a good recipe love it and easy too ! my family wants it quite offen!
This was fabulous! It was so quick to throw together and then let it cook itself. The flavors were wonderful! It will become a regular in our household. Would be great for company too.