Garlic-Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 pork loin roast, backbone loosened (about 5 pounds)
- 1/2 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. With a sharp knife, cut a deep pocket between each rib on meaty side of roast. Combine the green pepper, green onions, celery and garlic; stuff deeply into pockets. Season roast with salt and cayenne pepper.
- 2. Place roast, rib side down, in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour 40 minutes or until thermometer in the pork reads 145°. Let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC