Garlic Spinach Balls
When Amy Hornbuckle first tried these savory bites, she knew she found a new favorite. "They'd be a great way to get my young daughter to eat her vegetables if they were a bit lower in cholesterol," shares the Prattville, Alabama reader.
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Stir in spinach
- until blended. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place in a greased 15-in. x
- 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or
- until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 balls equals 294 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 156 mg cholesterol, 625 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.