Garlic Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano or 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet over low heat, cook garlic in oil until lightly browned. Remove from the heat; stir in parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Drain spaghetti; place in a large bowl. Add garlic mixture and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 601 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 788mg sodium, 88g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Garlic Spaghetti
"My husband asked if he could lick the bowl and give the recipe 6 stars. We did use our homegrown garlic and I used whole wheat dream fields pasta to give this recipe some fiber. Freshly grated parm cheese makes a big difference. I also cut down on oil to decrease some of the fat."
"THe spaghetti tasted great. I didn't follow the quantities exactly because I didn't need 16 oz of spaghetti, but it worked well and my five and three year old enjoyed it."
"Thank you for posting this recipe, I have been looking for one for a long time, thanks again, purplechev"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.