"I make this family favorite at least two or three times a month," remarks Jackie Messina of Chardon, Ohio. "It's wonderful with a salad and fresh Italian bread." Besides being easy to prepare, this meatless main dish is easy on the pocketbook at just 61 cents per serving.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano or 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- skillet over low heat, cook garlic in oil until lightly browned.
- Remove from the heat; stir in parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Drain spaghetti; place in a large bowl. Add garlic mixture and
- Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 601 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 788 mg sodium, 88 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009
. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now