"I make this family favorite at least two or three times a month," remarks Jackie Messina of Chardon, Ohio. "It's wonderful with a salad and fresh Italian bread." Besides being easy to prepare, this meatless main dish is easy on the pocketbook at just 61 cents per serving.
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano or 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet over low heat, cook garlic in oil until lightly browned. Remove from the heat; stir in parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Drain spaghetti; place in a large bowl. Add garlic mixture and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Spaghetti in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p51
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Garlic Spaghetti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review