This entree tastes wonderful and is pretty enough to serve to company. Most of the preparation can be done in advance. Tender shrimp, colorful sweet peppers and crunchy snow peas give it a variety of interesting textures and flavors. -Irene Lalevee, River Vale, New Jersey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 ounces fresh snow peas
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet yellow pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in butter until tender. Add the shrimp, peas, peppers, basil, parsley, salt and pepper. stir-fry for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are crisp-tender. Add broth. Cook 1 minute longer or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry in Taste of Home February/March 2002, p27
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review