Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry Recipe
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 ounces fresh snow peas
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet yellow pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in butter until tender. Add the shrimp, peas, peppers, basil, parsley, salt and pepper. stir-fry for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are crisp-tender. Add broth. Cook 1 minute longer or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry
Sort By :
"It was very tasty. I will cook this again."
"This was simple, healthy, and tasty! My husband agrees that this one is a keeper. I took the recommendations of the above chefs and added celery (since I did not have snow peas), and water chestnuts. I also used green pepper instead of yellow. Yum!"
"I didn't have snow peas on hand so I put in a can of water chestnuts and it still turned out good. This was very quick and easy to make."
"This was SOOOOO good! My entire family loved this, and they generally are hard to please. It was easy to make and quick to prepare. I always try to prep for my dinners earlier in the day, which makes the evening go much faster. Will definitely make this one of my favorites."
"I made this for dinner this evening. It was really good. I forgot to buy snow peas today, so I put green, yellow and red peppers in, a little celery. I even added a piece of ginger minced. As a condiment we added some orange marmalade, and it was yummy. I definitely will make this again. --By the way, I tried to print this so it would be easier to read the recipe, and it was blocked. How come? mamasuejean"